Watch-2010-WorldCup.com

Monday, June 7, 2010

Netherlands hopes Robben to recover from the injury



Netherlands coach Bert van Marwijk is hoping injured winger Arjen Robben can recover in time and participate in the world cup 2010.

The 26-year-old Bayern Munich star picked up a hamstring injury in the 6-1 friendly win over Hungary, sparking fears that he would miss the entire tournament but van Marwijk has declared that he will not replace Robben in the 23-man squad, giving him the opportunity to rejoin the squad when he recovers.

"I won't replace Arjen at this time, because I want to give him the chance to come back with the group," van Marwijk is quoted as saying by Goal.com Netherlands.

Medical assessments this weekend showed that Robben has a slight tear in his left hamstring but the player has revealed that he is planning an intensive period of recovery in a bid to overcome the injury and fly to South Africa later to link up with the team. Moreover he is very grateful of the supports he got.

"It happened because I made too big a step. They told me that if Dirk Kuyt had made a step like that he would have the same injury. If I just let it heal than I'm back on the field in 4-6 weeks, but we don't have so much time. Dick van Toorn is going to help me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment